Problem with other mods only on 1 save

Vjachi

Problem with other mods only on 1 save

Post by Vjachi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:47 am

I know Millénaire is causing a lot of trouble with other mods. I use 50 mods in total (BC,IC,AE...) and when starting a new world there are absolutely no problems or errors because of other mods. When they are added to already existing worlds there is huge spam with error messages.
So I created new world with 49 mods, haven't generated any Millénaire village or building to prevent problems in the future and was just building my world for a week. After that I installed Applied Energistics and have done a lot of work to integrate it with my IC2 systems. So after everything was ready I spawned a village ... and got the error spam ((.
1) I created new world with the newly installed Applied Energistics -> no problems
2) I removed Millénaire mod, loaded the save to remove all the blockIDs of this mod, removed the Millénaire folder in the mod
3) Installed Millénaire mod and loaded the save. This 2 steps should count as new world actually as there was nothing left of Millénaire in that save... Well the newly generated villages (with the wand) got spawned with 1 Villager and only the main building - so useless. Villages on newly generated chunks begin the spamfest again...

Do you have any ideas where this problem can be, as in other saves there are no problems (so not an error with the other mods). I really don't want to start new world, import the region folder there and build all the complex machinery again + creating and importing again 14 Thaumcraft ages + placing hundreds of carpenter blocks...

Code: Select all

5.2.0 28-06-2014 03:47:48 ERROR: [email protected]: Ragnhild de Mortain/7271559390919312497/[email protected]: Exception in Villager.onUpdate(): 
5.2.0 28-06-2014 03:47:48 Exception, printing stack:
5.2.0 28-06-2014 03:47:48 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.millenaire.common.goal.Goal.validateDest(Goal.java:254)
	at org.millenaire.common.goal.generic.GoalGeneric.isDestPossible(GoalGeneric.java:177)
	at org.millenaire.common.goal.generic.GoalGeneric.isPossibleSpecific(GoalGeneric.java:165)
	at org.millenaire.common.goal.Goal.isPossible(Goal.java:245)
	at org.millenaire.common.MillVillager.setNextGoal(MillVillager.java:3569)
	at org.millenaire.common.MillVillager.func_70071_h_(MillVillager.java:2846)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2019)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:659)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:1983)
	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1836)
	at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:500)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:620)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:531)
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:669)

Vjachi

Re: Problem with other mods only on 1 save

Post by Vjachi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:00 pm

It seems to be a problem with the IDs. Millénaire definitely can't handle those IDs and that's causing all the problems. If you create new world (for level.dat with new IDs) it's working just fine with no errors. The problem is that every non vanilla minecraft will have new ID and if you import the old region files the world becomes a complete mess - for example instead of rubber trees (ic2 mod) in the forest you find some strange crystals in the same form, instead of fluild pipes (bc mod) you have some strange machines and so on.

So there is no way to fix the whole mess...That's why if you start a world with Millénaire - DO NOT add any new mods because the result will be broken Millénaire and endless error spam.

druha

Post by druha » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Vjachi wrote:It seems to be a problem with the IDs. Millénaire definitely can't handle those IDs and that's causing all the problems. If you create new world (for level.dat with new IDs) it's working just fine with no errors. The problem is that every non vanilla minecraft will have new ID and if you import the old region files the world becomes a complete mess - for example instead of rubber trees (ic2 mod) in the forest you find some strange crystals in the same form, instead of fluild pipes (bc mod) you have some strange machines and so on.

So there is no way to fix the whole mess...That's why if you start a world with Millénaire - DO NOT add any new mods because the result will be broken Millénaire and endless error spam.
This is really due to the changes Mojang made to the id system. Now we no longer see the id numbers, but guess what, they're still there under the hood. Every time you change the list of blocks or items Minecraft will reshuffle all of the ids and just generally screw things up. So this could happen with any mod, not just Millenaire. I thought Forge was trying to find a way to fix it, but I don't know.

HubTou

Post by HubTou » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Hello guys,

I wrote a little utility to show the blocks & items local IDs.
It's available as a Web Service) or as a Unix command line tool, ShowLocalMinecraftIds.

You can use it to check if there are differences before and after installation of additional mods.
For the web service, you'll just have to upload your level.dat file...

Best regards,