5.2 / 1.7.2 - Norman Merchant won't stop - Single Player

haplo

5.2 / 1.7.2 - Norman Merchant won't stop - Single Player

Post by haplo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am

This is similar, but nearly opposite of what some have been reporting on multiplayer.

I'm basically having to kill the merchant every day he appears - only in Norman villages. He goes near the door and starts 'trading'. I can go into creative mode and just load the villagers down with everything they could possibly need in abundance. Once he appears it is all wiped out.

While he is present, no building is accomplished because they can never acquire enough resources as he is 'buying' them all out.

I've even tried standing there and giving them stacks of stone just to see what happens and they are immediately gone.

Once I kill him, I can gather up a few stacks of miscellaneous items. Usually mostly the 'first tier' items like wood, stone, and glass. Occasionally some bookshelves. That's it.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks! Still LOVING LOVING LOVING this Mod! :)

Taod2

Re: 5.2 / 1.7.2 - Norman Merchant won't stop - Single Player

Post by Taod2 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 am

I have exactly the same problem, but in my player controlled byzantine village. A Japanese trader buys everything, although I don't have any good relationships to any Japanese village. If I kill him, I get all items back, but my own villagers begin to attack me! When I die, they stop attacking me, but it's very annoying. Also on the sign with the inhabitants the trader isn't shown under "visitors"!!!

Teethdude

Post by Teethdude » Mon May 05, 2014 12:57 am

For a temporary workaround, go into the Millenaire files and remove "goal=VisitBuilding"

the file needed can be located here:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\millenaire\cultures\norman\villagers\merchant.txt

I recommend opening it with a file editor such as Notepad++ so you can have the proper formatting.

PsiGuy60

Post by PsiGuy60 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:27 am

I find that he doesn't keep taking stuff infinitely - granted, he takes a lot more than he should need, but if I keep pumping whatever he needs into the village (you can find this out by checking what resources are empty in the trading and resource sign windows), he eventually stops and goes back to the inn.