Villagers only use Oak Wood in the furnace

Daziman

Villagers only use Oak Wood in the furnace

Post by Daziman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 am

The Villagers are using only Oak Wood to burn in the Furnace!
I'm checking in my Bizantine village that the furnaces are empty and the "town hall" chests are full with BIrch Wood, the quarries have both male and female villaers in it but the woman only fills the furnace only with Oak Wood. It's a big problem because the grove produces mostly birch wood and i'm in a biome that has Acacia Wood only(that can't be traded) and there is always a problem with the Oak Wood.

So the bugs are:
-The female villagers are only picking Oak Wood to burn the resources in the furnace
-The village isn't allowing the new woods (Acacia and Dark Oak Woods) trade, that can be usefull to burn resources in the furnace or to be building material as "other woods".

Luc9986

Re: Villagers only use Oak Wood in the furnace

Post by Luc9986 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 am

That's an interesting bug, I hadn't discovered that one yet.

I'll take a look in the mod and see what I can do, though its likely deep in the coding somewhere and will be hard to find. I'm not great at coding, but I'll have a look-sie and get back to you if I can do anything

123guy

Post by 123guy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:53 am

As far as I am aware that isn't a bug, it happened in 1.6.4 in every village.

zohar101

Post by zohar101 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Not a bug per se but new woods from 1.7 just have not been added to the block list yet as far as I can tell. Dark oak and acacia are just not recognized period, for burning, buy/sale or otherwise.

Xour

Post by Xour » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:29 pm

I just looked at the Byzantine miner file and it looks as if he never uses birch wood but does use pine, oak and jungle maybe the author forgot to put the command in or maybe he did it on purpose. It should only take a few seconds for anyone to fix and if you don't how then just ask.

and it is true that the new wood types have not yet been added