ATTENDING YOUR FIRST FIRE WEAPONS TRAINING COURSE?

Forum for discussing and coordinating translations of Millénaire
Barni

ATTENDING YOUR FIRST FIRE WEAPONS TRAINING COURSE?

Post by Barni » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:56 pm

I'm a regular-guy law-abiding citizen - a nerdy academic scientist, a family-man in his mid-40s. I'm a relatively new shooter - I started shooting in November, 2010, at the ripe age of 36...prior to that, I literally picked up my last gun in late-2003 or early '04 as a part of the usual "fun range day" with friends. So far, I have a few hundred hours of paid professional training with various local schools/instructors and also with nationally known SMEs. I've trained with household names and with "no names." I was in your shoes, not long ago - and this is why I want so badly to help. :cool:

Without any further ado:

This is a great time to get in training. It's essentially a buyer's market. Shop around. Be sure you vet your instructor/school, so that you'll not only have tons of fun and learn a boatload, but also to stay safe. While the vast majority of classes/schools are run by individuals who truly want to help others and who actually have sufficient background to do so, there are some real fly-by-night individuals/outfits whose teachings are not only inconsistent with modern methodology, but can be outright dangerous. Overall, if you're not sure, just come to the Forums and ask: there will be those of us who are experienced enough (or who know someone who is sufficiently experienced) to tell you whether that's just some really high-end ass-kickery, or if it's total bullshit and should be avoided at all cost.

But once you've vetted the school and registered for a class, what's next?

Ujeneynad

Re: ATTENDING YOUR FIRST FIRE WEAPONS TRAINING COURSE?

Post by Ujeneynad » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 pm

I always wanted to learn how to shoot, but my father never took me to the circle. Now when. I decided in college that I would try it all the same

Lennys

Re: ATTENDING YOUR FIRST FIRE WEAPONS TRAINING COURSE?

Post by Lennys » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:47 pm

Hello. Learn to shoot takes time. To begin with, I bought some special literature. Learned all the rules and regulations, studied the types of weapons. I think this is very important. And then I signed up for the courses. And now I'm a great shooter and I really like it